POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Progress : Re: Progress Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress
From: Le Forgeron
Date: 29 Jan 2014 16:56:59
Message: <52e9792b$1@news.povray.org>
Le 29/01/2014 22:32, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :

> Question: Has anybody ever, in the history of X11, actually run the
> display on a different machine to the one where the program is?

Yes. personally since 1990.

> I realise that X11 *can* do this (hypothetically), but does anybody ever
> use it? From what I've seen, everybody actually uses VNC instead.

VNC is just bullshit when compared to X11. The killer of bandwidth is
the lovely decorations & curves. X11 is damn effective to handle the
mouse and rectangular area/basic widget such as radio box. Canva (free
drawing area) is slow.