POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Progress : Re: Progress Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress
From: Warp
Date: 29 Jan 2014 10:30:01
Message: <52e91e79@news.povray.org>
> I think comparing Linux to AmigaOS running on the exact same device is a
> reasonable comparison. They both have the same hardware to play with,
> after all...

Except that Linux was not designed to run efficiently on an Amiga any
more than AmigaOS was designed to run efficiently on a modern PC.

You mentioned that AmigaOS takes advantage of the Amiga's display hardware
for faster graphical operation. So does Linux on a modern PC.

> Comparing AmigaOS to Linux running on a PC that's 20 years newer ought
> to be an unfair comparison.

It's not a question of age. It's a question of which hardware it was
designed to run on.

--
                                                          - Warp