POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT test : Re: SSLT test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT test
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Jan 2014 10:06:02
Message: <52e5245a$1@news.povray.org>
On 26-1-2014 13:40, Stephen wrote:
> Of course, doing it in Pov would have been much easier. But for a while
> I am going to do everything in Blender then render it in PovRay. I am
> having to develop a different mind set.

That's a good idea indeed. One thing that Silo cannot do (basically that
is) is text. I have to import it from outside.

> I can't put much past you. I was using an old Moray material and it had
> too high a value for reflection. Because it was at the horizon I thought
> that it looked like the artefact a SOR gives if you don't use sturm.

The horizon fooled me for a second, until I saw the reflections lower
down. Which reminds me that I have not used Moray for ages; I have not
even it installed on my present pc. I am waiting for its future avatar
under pov 3.7 or later. Will take a while I am sure.

Thomas