POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT test : Re: SSLT test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:20:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT test
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jan 2014 07:40:48
Message: <52e50250$1@news.povray.org>
On 26/01/2014 12:23 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 26-1-2014 11:16, Stephen wrote:
>> While you two sweety wives have been hanging over the garden fence
>> gossiping. I've been grafting. :-P
>
> You were free to join us, love :-)

Too busy, too busy. <Looks at watch and pops down the hole.>

>> I made this in Blender and except for the cylinder it is all text. I
>> tried to use a Keltic font for the writing but the mesh sizes were
>> horrendous.
>
> Maybe with an image_map text and then extruded as height_field?

Of course, doing it in Pov would have been much easier. But for a while
I am going to do everything in Blender then render it in PovRay. I am
having to develop a different mind set.

>> Note the artefact at the horizon on the reverse? A weeks supply of
>> genuine ancient almost round Tuits for the first correct solution.
>> Hurry before supply outstrips demand!
>
> Now that seems to be reflection on the reverse side, no? You can see
> that also lower down, where the checkered plane is reflected.

I can't put much past you. I was using an old Moray material and it had
too high a value for reflection. Because it was at the horizon I thought
that it looked like the artefact a SOR gives if you don't use sturm.

--
Regards
     Stephen