POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : SSLT test : Re: SSLT test Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SSLT test
From: Stephen
Date: 26 Jan 2014 05:16:56
Message: <52e4e098@news.povray.org>
On 26/01/2014 8:11 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> On 25-1-2014 17:55, Doctor John wrote:
>> OMG. If it is, its value is inestimable. Of course, only Stephen could
>> confirm its provenance but, sadly, his mind has been warped by years of
>> playing with ray-tracing software. :-D
>
> Sad. Sad. I always warn people around me to avoid (repeat: avoid!)
> ray-tracing. Its pernicious effects are even worse than uisge beatha :-o
>
> Which brings be back to that marvellous Stanford bunny which looks very
> very good. With all the round tuits I have got I should be able now to
> experiment with sslt too... when I have finished, that is, playing with
> silly booted, naked men ;-)

While you two sweety wives have been hanging over the garden fence
gossiping. I've been grafting. :-P

I made this in Blender and except for the cylinder it is all text. I
tried to use a Keltic font for the writing but the mesh sizes were
horrendous.

Note the artefact at the horizon on the reverse? A weeks supply of
genuine ancient almost round Tuits for the first correct solution.
Hurry before supply outstrips demand!

--
Regards
     Stephen