POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:26:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 24 Jan 2014 16:52:47
Message: <52e2e0af$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/23/2014 2:23 PM, clipka wrote:
> But that's exactly the point: How confident someone is about the
> existence of a supreme something /is/ painted with personal desire,
> fears, subjective observation, and all sorts of other things.

Well, I think my point is, there isn't going to be a lot of people
managing to dither themselves into a perfect state of, "I think the odds
are 50:50." Not unless they are doing it as a hypothetical, for some
silly assed equation. They are going to be on one end or the other, and
the gap between, if they ever do reach it, isn't one they will be on for
very long. Its kind of like a rickety rope bridge, or a narrow beam.
Sane people are not going to stay on it longer than necessary, before
either deciding that its not worth it to cross, or getting to the other
side as fast as feasible.

Part of the problem, imho, for the believer side of the mess though is
that there is some damn idiot with fog machine, on their side, making it
impossible to see "if" there is something on the other side worth
getting to, and his partner is describing all the horrible monsters they
will find when they get there.

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get