POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Progress : Re: Progress Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:32:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress
From: Warp
Date: 24 Jan 2014 13:40:00
Message: <52e2b380@news.povray.org>
> Fun thing: Apparently if you buy a Raspberry Pi, it now comes with a
> free copy of Mathematica.

> Not some crippled version. The entire thing. For free.

> (Recall that to *buy* Mathematica is currently over ?8,000.)

I really have to wonder how they can afford doing that (I'm assuming
this whole thing is completely legal.) Maybe they got some kind of
odd deal with Wolfram Research.

It's just a bit odd, because there are free math software out there
as well. Sure, most of them is not even nearly as good as Mathematica,
but still...

(By the way, personally I really like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PARI/GP
which is a nice piece of math software usable on the command line.)

--
                                                          - Warp