POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delete system32? : Re: Delete system32? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delete system32?
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 23 Jan 2014 17:28:23
Message: <52e19787$1@news.povray.org>
>> The thing is, nobody runs MS-DOS natively anymore, and haven't done so
>> for well over a decade.
>
> I'm pretty sure the in-store management system that John Lewis use is
> still DOS-based. (Whether it's running natively or in some emulation
> layer is another matter...)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MSDOS

"As of 2011, MS-DOS is still used in some enterprises to run legacy
applications, such as this US Navy food service management system."

It is unclear whether this is with or without emulation, however. And
they could just be running this stuff on really ancient hardware. (When
I left my previous company, we still had a box in storage with Windows
98 installed on it. Mercifully, I *never* needed to power it up!)