POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:30:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Jan 2014 18:19:37
Message: <52df0089$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 21:52:03 +0100, andrel wrote:

>> What would you call someone who has faith that there is no god?
> an atheist
>> Maybe not faith but sincerely hopes that there is not one.
>
> a criminal

I don't know that I'd go that far.  One might look at it as hoping that
there isn't a god because they don't believe in it, but the
representations of god that they're familiar with are the vengeful god
who demands to be worshiped.

Heck, I might even be inclined to hope there's no god, at least not the
vengeful one that demands tribute/worship, since I don't believe in god,
if there is, I'm screwed if that's the god that is actually there.

;)

Jim