POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Jan 2014 15:54:54
Message: <52dede9e@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 13:07:51 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:

> Funny thing is, if you called it something "other" than religion, it
> wouldn't be muddy at all. Its only muddy **because** its religion, and
> therefor "protected" from its value, and whether or not it constitutes
> some mix of scam, and/or false advertising, or worse, being questioned.

Yeah, absolutely.  That's the reason I still struggle with deciding if
such a circumstance requires intervention.

If someone said that their toaster told them not to get blood
transfusions, they'd be thought to be a little crazy.

But if someone says their God told them not to get blood transfusions,
then they're thought to be sane.

Just goes to show how deeply ingrained it is in the culture.

Jim