POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:26:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 21 Jan 2014 15:25:48
Message: <52ded7cc$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/19/2014 9:30 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2014 20:11:02 -0700, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
>> The guy I am talking about above is one of the clowns in the comment
>> thread.
>
> Oh, yeah, there's a lot of asshattery in the comments - which is why I've
> not read them.  The discussions are generally going to be pretty
> predictable, anyways.  There will be those who support him, those who
> have ideas and suggestions for changes to his approach, and those who are
> going to tell him he's going to hell for even considering the idea that
> there is no God.
>
> I've got enough going on in my life without reading over those same
> arguments again. :)
>
> Jim

Actually, most of the comments where pretty positive. Its just the one
"thread" in it, which might dear old "Paul" the biblical literalist, and
"expert" on the subject of ignoring *everything* else we know about the
Bible, history, archeology, and contemporary alternatives, for it, while
having, apparently, "studied" the thing itself to tatters, which has
gone seriously wacko.

I have mostly stopped posting, but.. I couldn't help bringing up the
absurd fact, found with a google on, "chemosh Jehovah el baal", that
half the "experts" seem to think that ba'al and Jehovah are the same
gods, or that El was also Dagon, or that all 4 are the same god, or all
separate gods, and three of them are the "sons" of El, or possibly
Dagon, or.... well, you get the picture. lol

I described it as being like trying to analyze Tolkien, while ignoring
the fact that he stole nearly everything in his books, including the
made up languages, from Northern European mythology.

I am sure though, the joker will have some grand explanation for it. :p

--
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get