POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: clipka
Date: 21 Jan 2014 09:40:31
Message: <52de86df$1@news.povray.org>
Am 21.01.2014 09:40, schrieb scott:
>> I don't know however whether there are any English counterparts to this.
>
> We have cryptic crosswords!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptic_crossword
>
> Most newspapers worth reading run them daily.

You are being envied.

BTW, the "um die Ecke gedacht" uses the "advanced" (or "variety") grid
style, which I find more aesthetically pleasing (and which probably also
makes the puzzle easier; then again, I can imagine that the English
language might be better suited to cryptic crosswords and therefore
require less tightly packed grids).