POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:32:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: scott
Date: 21 Jan 2014 04:07:31
Message: <52de38d3$1@news.povray.org>
> As I say, IME nobody cares if you have a degree. They only care that you
> don't have 3 years' commercial experience.

I'm talking about recruiting graduates, the fact that most jobs are not
for graduates is irrelevant. Obviously the more experience you have the
less consideration is given to your education, so when you have zero
experience, education is the most important thing on your CV. I'd even
say that which university you went to is more important than what grade
you got.

> Maybe. I still think the problem is bigger than just tweaking school
> slightly. Like, we need to make the entire populas regard knowledge and
> skill as valuable things again, rather than something that only socially
> inept dweebs are about...

Maybe tweaking school slightly would filter up to the rest of society
though. Maybe then we would not allow any Tom Dick or Harry who knows
how to operate a tyre fitting machine to call themselves an Engineer.
Whereas now we have news stories about hairdressers arguing over whether
anyone should be allowed to be called a hairdresser or not.