POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:21:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: clipka
Date: 20 Jan 2014 17:42:51
Message: <52dda66b$1@news.povray.org>
Am 20.01.2014 10:02, schrieb scott:
>> BTW - crosswords are something I hate,
>> because they, frankly, often reference what, for anyone that doesn't do
>> crosswords, are often obscure, or, among the general public, uncommon,
>> references, when/if they don't just stuff something in that involves
>> celebrities, or some other obscura, which no one, other than people
>> obsessed with crosswords, or "popular culture" would give a damn about.
>
> You're getting your crosswords from the wrong places. In the UK at least
> most (all?) of the newspapers run crosswords (and most are available on
> their websites now), it's easy to find one as intellectual or trashy as
> you want.

For Germans, I can highly recommend the "Eckstein - um die Ecke gedacht"
series of crossword puzzles, published in the weekly newspaper "Die
Zeit" (or, more precisely, in the "Zeit Magazin" accompanying it);
common "crossword puzzle knowledge" will not help you there, instead
you'll need to get all your wits together, as all the descriptions come
with a twist.

I don't know however whether there are any English counterparts to this.