POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Philosophical pondering : Re: Philosophical pondering Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Philosophical pondering
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 20 Jan 2014 10:43:23
Message: <52dd441b$1@news.povray.org>

> There's a philosophical conundrum from antiquity (which name now
> escapes me): Suppose you have a seaship. During its years of service,
> every time a part breaks it's replaced by a new part. After sufficiently
> time has passed, every single part of the original ship has been replaced
> with a new part. So the question is: Is it still the same ship?

Corollary:  You have a rock group called YES.  Over the years, band
members come and go, up to the point where none of the original band
members are still in the group.  Is that band still YES?

If the four original band members decide to record an album together
again, can they also call themselves YES?