POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Warp
Date: 19 Jan 2014 18:19:46
Message: <52dc5d92@news.povray.org>
> Am 19.01.2014 23:22, schrieb Warp:

> > The test whether you are an atheist or a theist is rather simple:
> >
> > Would you say "I believe that a (theistic) god exists"?

> No, that's not the test. The test actually is:

> Would you say...

> ( ) "I believe that a god exists" (=> You're a theist)
> ( ) "I believe that no god exists" (=> You're an atheist)
> ( ) "I have no strong conviction on that matter" (=> You're neither)

Atheism is the lack of belief in a god. It doesn't matter how convinced
you are.

Take for example, the definition in the The Oxford Dictionary of
Philosophy: "Either the lack of belief that there exists a god, or the
belief that there exists none."

I know that many people for some reason want theism and atheism to be
the extreme ends of the spectrum and agnosticism to be right in the
middle, and all three to deal with the exact same subject, but that's
just not what the terms mean.

--
                                                          - Warp