POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 19 Jan 2014 11:58:28
Message: <52dc0434@news.povray.org>
On 1/19/2014 3:49 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 19/01/2014 12:53 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>
> I wondered if you would bite. :-P
>
> It was meant as a gentle dig not an attack. You know, a light punch on
> the arm. Sort o' thing.
>
>> t was like 3-4 lines,
>
> If you say so. ;-)
>
>> and, at the bloody time, when Vista and a lot of
>> other mad things where being shipped by MS, was a pretty dang good match
>> for how the bloody OS worked.
>
> Yes I give you that and I found it amusing and clever. I really did.
> You kept it a bit too long, I think.
> I will now pronounce a rule (I bet it has been said before).

Ok, maybe 5 lines. But, to get the thing so it looked like code, at all,
and not something from a "short code competition", which.. kind of
doesn't work in many languages...

> Stevie's Rule of Sig Etiquette:
>
> *The life of a Sig should be inversely proportional to the length of the
> Sig.*

Hmm. True. Think I will go with a Vimes quote, since, right now politics
are really pissing me off. Wish I could do a reinstall of that shit. Or
is this too long? ;)

----
Commander Vimes: "You take a bunch of people who don't seem any
different from you and me, but when you add them all together you get
this sort of huge raving maniac with national borders and an anthem."