POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Stephen
Date: 19 Jan 2014 05:49:54
Message: <52dbadd2$1@news.povray.org>
On 19/01/2014 12:53 AM, Patrick Elliott wrote:

I wondered if you would bite. :-P

It was meant as a gentle dig not an attack. You know, a light punch on
the arm. Sort o' thing.

> t was like 3-4 lines,

If you say so. ;-)

> and, at the bloody time, when Vista and a lot of
> other mad things where being shipped by MS, was a pretty dang good match
> for how the bloody OS worked.

Yes I give you that and I found it amusing and clever. I really did.
You kept it a bit too long, I think.
I will now pronounce a rule (I bet it has been said before).

Stevie's Rule of Sig Etiquette:

*The life of a Sig should be inversely proportional to the length of the
Sig.*

> They have gotten better. At least in the
> sense that I no only have to worry about "my" mistakes breaking
> something, usually, not having it broken, from the first install.

There are a lot of annoyances, true.
I think of it as the price you pay for affordable software and hardware,
relatively speaking.

> I haven't found a particular need for a sig since, but, right now, if I
> was going for one, it would probably be about Second Life. Something
> along the lines of, "How to make a virtual world - invent a language no
> one else uses, and doesn't support half the stuff Apple BASIC could do,
> then tack on broken physics, broken weather, broken build tools, etc.,
> and a list of excuses why none of these things will ever be fixed." Or,
> something. If I opted for one involving "computers". Otherwise, I am
> sure there are some quotes I could dig up, of one sort or another. What
> sort of "sig" would F-ing impress you?

None. I don't see what is to be impressed about.
But I will give you one for your consideration.

I heard this with my own ears.
When I used to work for a living. I heard an electrician report on a
pump he had been working on.
"The fucking fucker's fucking fucked."
Not one that I would use myself but. It may have it's day in the sun,
one day.

--
Regards
     Stephen