POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents : Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:31:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: should-see for both evolution skeptics and adherents
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 19 Jan 2014 05:10:22
Message: <52dba48e$1@news.povray.org>
On 18/01/2014 11:09 PM, Warp wrote:

> This wouldn't be so bad if they just kept to themselves with their
> world view. After all, everybody's free to believe whatever they want.
>
> However, the problem is that many of them are trying to *force* their
> belief system onto others, especially children, by lobbying the
> government and other means. This is not something that we can just
> ignore, like we can eg. with the Moon landing conspiracy theorists
> (who are obnoxious but at least aren't trying to pass laws to enforce
> their beliefs on others.)

This is the thing.

If you want to believe that God exists, sure, you can do that. But if
you want to claim that this is a scientifically verified fact... erm,
no. No it is not. Get lost!

Perhaps people misunderstand what science is. Science isn't the study of
what is true, it is the study of what we can *prove* to be true. God may
actually exist - but since it is impossible to prove or disprove this,
the question is outside the remit of science.

And another thing. Every time somebody stands up and defends evolution,
they start receiving death threats. When was the last time a good honest
Christian received death threats from the scientists for daring to teach
Genesis?