POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:36:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 18 Jan 2014 19:53:47
Message: <52db221b$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/16/2014 3:02 AM, Stephen wrote:
> On 15/01/2014 11:28 PM, Doctor John wrote:
>> On 15/01/14 23:07, andrel wrote:
>>> (it is one of the
>>> reasons for the 'her' in my sig)
>>>
>>>      Andrel
>>>

>> I missed that.
>>
>> (Note to self: read the sig properly. It tells you a lot about the
>> person)
>>

> Does it?
> What did Patrick's old Sig say?
> Other that he did not like Windows?
> Do you remember the one I'm talking about?
> It went on for pages in the form of a snipit of code.

It was like 3-4 lines, and, at the bloody time, when Vista and a lot of
other mad things where being shipped by MS, was a pretty dang good match
for how the bloody OS worked. They have gotten better. At least in the
sense that I no only have to worry about "my" mistakes breaking
something, usually, not having it broken, from the first install.

I haven't found a particular need for a sig since, but, right now, if I
was going for one, it would probably be about Second Life. Something
along the lines of, "How to make a virtual world - invent a language no
one else uses, and doesn't support half the stuff Apple BASIC could do,
then tack on broken physics, broken weather, broken build tools, etc.,
and a list of excuses why none of these things will ever be fixed." Or,
something. If I opted for one involving "computers". Otherwise, I am
sure there are some quotes I could dig up, of one sort or another. What
sort of "sig" would F-ing impress you?