POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:35:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Jan 2014 16:16:35
Message: <52d99db3$1@news.povray.org>
>> I don't know, man. I thought a degree is pretty much a degree; nobody
>> seems to care much where you got it.
>
> As long as it's from an accredited institution.
>
> Often times, they don't even care what it's in.  That you got it is
> what's important to a lot of HR people.

Seems most *employers* don't really give a fig what qualifications
you've got - they just want experience.

Then again, given the number of people we've interviewed with "20 years
of development experience" who can't work out how to perform trivial
programming tasks like deciding whether a variable is negative or positive.

(Our office favourite is the guy who replied to one question with "oh,
I'm not sure how you'd do that - I haven't used strings for a while".)