POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Whack a mole : Re: Whack a mole Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Whack a mole
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Jan 2014 14:41:53
Message: <52d98781$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/01/2014 07:35 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> Le 17/01/2014 19:54, Orchid Win7 v1 nous fit lire :
>> I wonder if valgrind would be any help... (But then of course, I'd have
>> to figure out how to build the application by hand!)
>
> for using valgrind, both at home&  work, yes it is useful (but you need
> to allow a few options). Very usefull.
>
> valgrind only need a -g (and possibly -O0) to run your program.
> Nothing like purify which requires a special compilation.

The problem is the difficulty of building the program on Linux. Provided
I can persuade our regular build server to do this for me, it shouldn't
be too bad.

The rest question is, will I be able to understand what the hell the
program is trying to tell me? From the documentation I've seen, it looks
reasonably intelligible. (Not like the raw hex dump that VS gives me...)