POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 17 Jan 2014 13:31:10
Message: <52d976ee$1@news.povray.org>
On 17/01/2014 10:23 AM, scott wrote:
>>> Not if the separation was a totally different school rather than just
>>> different classes.
>>
>> Didn't the UK try that already? Didn't that lead to a generation of
>> people being labelled according to which type of school they got sent
>> to, rather than anything they actually achieved while there?
>
> And how is that any different than the labelling of people today based
> on which university they went to rather than what they actually
> achieved? And what is the problem with that (assuming they passed the
> course)?

I don't know, man. I thought a degree is pretty much a degree; nobody
seems to care much where you got it. (Unless it was somewhere really
famous like Oxford or Cambridge. But that's because almost nobody goes
there...)

By the time you reach adulthood, you have presumably given up on calling
people names because they're "teacher's pet". Question is, how do we get
younger children to do that...