POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: clipka
Date: 17 Jan 2014 12:13:06
Message: <52d964a2@news.povray.org>
Am 17.01.2014 16:10, schrieb FractRacer:

> Yes, Human know if he make wrong action, waht about animals? Good or
> evil are humans concepts, not animals, not machines.
> I think humans are the only creatures able to really choose. Some
> "educated" animals can also choose, but are they able to say waht is
> good or bad?

Are /you/ able to say what is good or bad? If so, tell me.

Kitten do learn what is good or bad, by interacting with their siblings
and their mother. Good := behaviour provoking positive feedback, evil :=
behaviour provoking negative feedback.

For instance, kitten learn not to play too rough because this will cause
the siblings to abort the game.

This way, some kitten will learn to actually /be/ good, while others
will learn to not get /caught/ when being evil.

No difference there to humans. We, too, unconsciously follow the very
same underlying definition of good and evil, the details of which we
have learned during childhood, in the very same manner.

Note that as a consequence there is no such thing as a universal concept
of good and evil; each individual /inevitably/ has its own unique
concept thereof, shaped by the family, society and culture he was
brought up in.