POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:27:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jan 2014 10:30:18
Message: <52d94c8a@news.povray.org>
On 17/01/2014 3:10 PM, FractRacer wrote:
> Le 17/01/2014 15:47, Stephen a écrit :

> A logic gate isn't intelligent, even if a message like "I chose action X
> because A and B were both positive" is emit, the gate can't explain the
> words "positive" or "A"...
> Can we says the machine are intelligent?

Again, what do we mean by intelligence? I cannot answer until I know
what you understand the meaning is.
And then we would probably argue over if for so long. We would have
forgotten what the question was. :-)

>>> Surely other animals know about their choices too? How about when you
>>> train a dog to do certain things?
>>
>> And if they have done something wrong.
>>
> Yes, Human know if he make wrong action, waht about animals? Good or
> evil are humans concepts, not animals, not machines.
> I think humans are the only creatures able to really choose. Some
> "educated" animals can also choose, but are they able to say waht is
> good or bad?

It was animals I was talking about. I was thinking about dogs in particular.

--
Regards
     Stephen