POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:20:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: FractRacer
Date: 17 Jan 2014 10:08:26
Message: <52d9476a$1@news.povray.org>
Le 17/01/2014 15:47, Stephen a écrit :
> On 17/01/2014 2:19 PM, scott wrote:
>>> A logic gate know why it make a choice?
>>
>> How do you want to define "knowing" why it made a choice?
>
> It must be some sort of intelligent design. ;-)
>
>> Because it
>> can't talk to you or write to you to explain itself? How about if it
>> spoke a simple message like "I chose action X because A and B were both
>> positive", would that count as knowing why it made the choice?

A logic gate isn't intelligent, even if a message like "I chose action X
because A and B were both positive" is emit, the gate can't explain the
words "positive" or "A"...
Can we says the machine are intelligent?
>>> Human know about his choice. It
>>> is what I want to say.
>>
>> Surely other animals know about their choices too? How about when you
>> train a dog to do certain things?
>
> And if they have done something wrong.

Yes, Human know if he make wrong action, waht about animals? Good or
evil are humans concepts, not animals, not machines.
I think humans are the only creatures able to really choose. Some
"educated" animals can also choose, but are they able to say waht is
good or bad?

---
Ce courrier électronique ne contient aucun virus ou logiciel malveillant parce que la
protection avast! Antivirus est active.