POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:24:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: scott
Date: 17 Jan 2014 05:23:06
Message: <52d9048a$1@news.povray.org>
>> Not if the separation was a totally different school rather than just
>> different classes.
>
> Didn't the UK try that already? Didn't that lead to a generation of
> people being labelled according to which type of school they got sent
> to, rather than anything they actually achieved while there?

And how is that any different than the labelling of people today based
on which university they went to rather than what they actually
achieved? And what is the problem with that (assuming they passed the
course)?

I don't know much about how the old system worked in the UK, but I
assume if you couldn't keep up or were obviously too bright you switched
schools (eg you had a bad day or a fluke for the entry exam)? After all
this kind of system seems to work ok in other countries (eg Germany),
seems to me like the implementation details were just wrong here.