POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 16 Jan 2014 17:18:21
Message: <52d85aad@news.povray.org>
On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 23:46:17 +0000, Doctor John wrote:

> On 15/01/14 18:49, Jim Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 05:08:27 +0000, Doctor John wrote:
>> I was never quite brave (?) enough to try something like that.
>
> I think you might mean stupid

That was the other word I was thinking of. ;)

>> were a couple of kids on the football team (well, one in particular
>> that I remember well) who were really good to me, but mostly I just
>> didn't make friends easily because I was as I described.
>
> Oddly, I've always pictured you as a typical US high school jock. You
> know, 6 foot three and 190 lbs.

LOL

I'm about 5'9, and about 220 lbs.  I spend most of every day sitting in
front of a computer, working, socializing, or goofing around.

We move, that changes - the apartment complex has a workout room with
cardio equipment and weights.  And I know how to use them properly. :)

>> I haven't played in years, though, because of that.  One of our
>> neighbors is a violin maker, even, but he said it'd cost about $400 to
>> get it fixed, because he'd have to take the front off the instrument to
>> fix it.
>>
> Good luck in selling the house then. House prices here in London seem to
> be heading for the inflation levels of '74-76 with many buyers queuing
> up to gazump each other.

Yeah, if this sale falls through for some reason, prices are supposed to
keep rising here in SLC during 2014.  If it doesn't work, we wait 3
months, re-list and try again.  We're not in a hurry unless a job comes
along that requires we move right away, so we *could* outwait our buyer.
But we have some ideas now on how to mitigate the current round of
negotiations.

>> Thanks, that helps.  Oooh, coffee. :)
>>

> <Looks at the time> A small snifter of the malt of your choice?

Yeah, OK - we were thinking beer was called for tonight - at our
plumber's recommendation. ;)

Jim