POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is it time for a move? : Re: Is it time for a move? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it time for a move?
From: Stephen
Date: 16 Jan 2014 11:31:19
Message: <52d80957$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/01/2014 4:01 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> On 16/01/14 15:42, Stephen wrote:
>>
>> You sound as if you liked it there.
>>

> I didn't just like it, I loved it. My office had a fabulous view of
> Auckland harbour and, after work, sitting on the deck with a cold beer
> in hand I could have been forgiven for thinking that I was in some
> sub-tropical paradise.

Shame you had to come back.
I've just found a stockist for coconut water. And that takes me back. :-)

BTW Say "Fish and Chips". :-)

It is a shame that you can't drag Britain to the tropics. Because as
much as things are going bad. There are a lot worse places in the world.
I know I've worked in a few.

> If you and Regan ever get the chance, I urge you to go and have a look.
> Allow at least two months though and you'll still only be scratching the
> surface.

I would love to. I would include Uluru, in the Northern Territories. We
did not go as Regan had cataracts at the time. I do have a rock from
there, called Dinkum. Dark redish brown through a light sandy shade. It
is a fair dinkum. ;-)

--
Regards
     Stephen