POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:28:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Doctor John
Date: 15 Jan 2014 18:46:30
Message: <52d71dd6@news.povray.org>
On 15/01/14 18:49, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 05:08:27 +0000, Doctor John wrote:
> I was never quite brave (?) enough to try something like that.

I think you might mean stupid

> were a couple of kids on the football team (well, one in particular that
> I remember well) who were really good to me, but mostly I just didn't
> make friends easily because I was as I described.

Oddly, I've always pictured you as a typical US high school jock. You
know, 6 foot three and 190 lbs.

> I didn't give it up because of the bullying - I was actually pretty good
> (though I do say so myself).  I still have it, but I need to have some
> work done on it before I can play it again - a repair gone bad several
> years ago left the sound post stuck to the top face of the instrument,
> and it's got a really bad wolf on the E string (the open E, at that).
>
> I haven't played in years, though, because of that.  One of our neighbors
> is a violin maker, even, but he said it'd cost about $400 to get it
> fixed, because he'd have to take the front off the instrument to fix it.

Good luck in selling the house then. House prices here in London seem to
be heading for the inflation levels of '74-76 with many buyers queuing
up to gazump each other.

> Thanks, that helps.  Oooh, coffee. :)

<Looks at the time> A small snifter of the malt of your choice?

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents