POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 15 Jan 2014 16:00:38
Message: <52d6f6f6$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/01/2014 08:58 AM, scott wrote:
> The problem is, and it's the same in the UK, it's "cool" to be dumb, or
> at least appear to be dumb.

This seems to be pretty much the root of it all.

You know, there *was* a time when great mathematicians, engineers,
scientists and so forth were like revered deities. What the heck happened??

> I don't know how you would go about
> changing it, perhaps separate out by ability at a much earlier age?

The only thing I can think of is that if somebody does well at school,
people hate them out of jealousy - and there's where this "cool to be
dumb" crap comes from. If that's the psychology behind this, then more
separation would just make the problem worse...

The actual solution? I have no idea.