POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jan 2014 14:11:31
Message: <52d6dd63$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/01/2014 6:42 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:56:10 +0000, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Apply for a job through me with one of those in your hand and I would
>>> be willing to give you a hearing. Come to me and say "I'm good but I
>>> can't be arsed to prove it"
>>
>> Sad really that, that attitude still exists.
>
> Boy, does it.  3 years, still looking for a full-time position because I
> don't have that damned piece of paper.

It is getting more prevalent here than it was when I was younger.
Fortunately, there is still the "proven track record" and "industrial
experience" routes that allows my CV to get past the hurdles. After the
Y2K slump I was desperate to get a permanent job but was never able to.
Now I frequently get asked by agencies if I would consider one. I am not
tempted to do the same work for lesser money and without the security
permies had years ago. It is quite common for SAP consultants to be made
redundant if their company cannot find them a new position within six
months of finishing their last assignment.

--
Regards
     Stephen