POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:33:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Warp
Date: 15 Jan 2014 14:05:09
Message: <52d6dbe5@news.povray.org>
scott <sco### [at] scottcom> wrote:
> If you're intelligent at something, doesn't that just mean you've spent
> more time than most other people studying that something?

I think you are confusing intelligence with experience and/or knowledge.

You can become good or knowledgeable about something, that that's not
what's usually meant by "intelligent". Intelligence is more like your
inborn talent at performing certain deductive or creative tasks.

You can certainly train your deductive skills, but people with a
higher intelligence often find it easier and become more proficient
at it.

--
                                                          - Warp