POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An interesting read : Re: An interesting read Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An interesting read
From: scott
Date: 15 Jan 2014 04:57:49
Message: <52d65b9d$1@news.povray.org>
> One
> aspect is about visual perception: In your version, the reader has to
> first figure out what is code and what is explanation, whereas in Andy's
> version it's one and the same.

Except Andy's version doesn't actually have any code, it's hidden away
in a separate method (which you would either need to search or scroll to).

Especially with comments being highlighted in most code editors, I
personally find this much more useful:

prime = array[0]; // get next prime

thank this:

prime = GetNextPrime(array);

What seems to be being advocated is to replace source code like this:

<trivial code> <comment>

with this:

<call a function with "comment" name>
<function definition of "comment">