POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Renting software : Re: Renting software Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:28:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Renting software
From: scott
Date: 15 Jan 2014 04:22:53
Message: <52d6536d$1@news.povray.org>
> In fact, the
> only reason I'm looking at prices now is because she gets terribly
> confused when the version she uses at work isn't the same as the one at
> home.

I suspect it's similar for a lot of people.

> Indeed, about the only thing I can think of that has recently improved
> in Office is that they finally made Excel's charts not look like arse
> anymore.

Two big ones I can think of (that actually make a difference to everyday
usage) is the pictures / general layout handling of Word vastly
improving, and the table functions in Excel improving (sorting/filtering
data ranges etc).

> I can understand MS wanting to push this idea. I'm still puzzled that a
> seemingly independent website is excited about this...

$99/year for 5 license is not bad value if you actually need 5 licenses.
If they did a $20/year version for 1 license I'd buy it.