POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tips on scene settings for Lego scenes? : Re: Tips on scene settings for Lego scenes? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:27:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tips on scene settings for Lego scenes?
From: posfan12
Date: 15 Jan 2014 03:43:28
Message: <52d64a30$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/11/2014 3:12 PM, Samuel Benge wrote:
> Anyway, the attached rendered in 31 minutes, 41 seconds. Not too great, but
> better than it used to be :)
>
> Probably doesn't help your situation much. I'd say try to use only radiosity and
> antialiasing... and maybe a low-sample area_light as your main source. But
> considering the fact that you're running out of memory, I don't know how much
> luck you'll have at any rate!

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I will have to put the project on
hold until I get some seriously new hardware. I can't really ask people
to do the renders for me every time I make a little change to the scene.

Mike

--
http://isometricland.net

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is
active.