POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 14 Jan 2014 20:59:50
Message: <52d5eb96$1@news.povray.org>
Well said, John.  I couldn't agree with you more.  Especially here in the
US, and as a smarter person in school growing up, I was ridiculed,
teased, and bullied (though my "bullying" wasn't anywhere near what kids
these days seem to be subjected to).

All because I was smart, somewhat socially awkward, and "gifted" (gawd, I
*hate* that term) generally and at playing the violin.

But people who are good at bashing other people's heads in playing
football, or dunking a ball through a hoop with a net - they're "heroes".

Meanwhile, we wonder (at least here in the US) why education is failing.

I guess it's because we don't believe in God hard enough.  Yeah, that
must be it - it certainly can't be because STEM education standards
absolutely suck in a lot of the US.  It couldn't possibly have to do with
anything about believing that "creationism" is science and "evolution" is
a myth.  Couldn't f*cking have anything to do with that.

Kinda a hot button for me, and I'm overtired and a bit stressed.  Sorry,
carry on. ;)

Jim