POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mensa: a table (Latin) : Re: Mensa: a table (Latin) Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:33:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mensa: a table (Latin)
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 13 Jan 2014 22:53:44
Message: <52d4b4c8$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/13/2014 7:14 PM, Doctor John wrote:
> So, some years ago I was a member of Mensa and I would guess that a
> large majority of this forum would also qualify (top 2% of the population).
> For no apparent reason I have decided to rejoin. I left the society
> purely because I found most members to have their noses stuck firmly up
> their own fundaments.
> Am I insane? Or is it because I wish to revive the SIG called Thick As A
> Brick?
>
> John (thinking about loud music and strong liquor)

Uh.. Not insane, but.. maybe a bit of a fool for thinking that an
organization which thinks passing a lot of tests, which are the function
equivalent of being very good at, if not obsessed with, "Brain Games",
are part of any top 2% of the population. lol I am reminded of a song
from Leslie Fish every time I hear about the group, "Better Than Who":
http://lyrics.wikia.com/Leslie_Fish:Better_Than_Who

Somehow.. Being able to tell which one of a set of arbitrary patterns is
lol And, yeah, I have seen the sort of things they test for. You can
"learn" to be good at them, and still be a.. well, idiot with your nose
stuck up your own fundament. - From someone that could probably pass
their silly test, or get dang close, but would, then, use the
certificate, or what ever you get, to line the cat box.