POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:28:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jan 2014 03:04:39
Message: <52d39e17$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-1-2014 17:49, Robert McGregor wrote:

> Looking really nice Thomas, I like the subtle media beams! Don't forget to add
> pass_through to the photon blocks for the skylights and the water (to allow
> reflected caustics on arch and ceiling).

Yes, I still have not fully understood the working of photons. Thanks
for the code you posted later, that is going to help.

> I'm having a go at this myself and found that the walls had nearly 10,000 stray
> verts in the mesh that needed merging; and letting PoseRay re-process those
> Blender meshes makes the textures so much easier to manage! WIP currently
> rendering...

Indeed. All vertices had to be merged in the objects. I only did that
for the relevant objects I needed to change however. I left the others
alone.

Looking forward to your version!

Thomas