POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : An interesting read : Re: An interesting read Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An interesting read
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 12 Jan 2014 15:17:25
Message: <52d2f855$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 10:38:16 +0000, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:

> This seems to be the main argument of the book. Anything non-obvious,
> either put it into a subroutine with a descriptive name, or make it into
> a variable who's name says what it's for. Basically, anything that isn't
> clear, slap a name on it to clear things up.

That doesn't address the situation that it may be obvious to you, but not
to someone else who's reading the code.

In order to be effective at this, you have to put yourself in the shoes
of someone who isn't familiar with what you're doing.  I've worked with a
fair number of developers, and they don't always have that ability.

Jim