POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:11:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image
From: Alain
Date: 11 Jan 2014 16:26:40
Message: <52d1b710$1@news.povray.org>

> Just for a quick test I switched off the normals here. I doubled again
> the luminosity and now the shadowy parts come out better.
>
> I wonder if the leaking along the edges cannot be remedied by better
> meshes. The present ones are of very low resolution (a pillar face is
> just two triangles for instance). That might give problems. I am going
> to have the walls through Silo and process them a bit.
>
> Thomas

A pilar face using only 2 triangles don't mean low quality as those two
are realy all that is needed.

Some slight beveling of the edges /may/ help some.

Another solution is to add something behind the mesh, or give it some
actual thickness, especialy near the corners where some radiosity
samples can sample areas of the bright sky or that receive direct
illumination.

Alain