POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Today's WTF moment : Today's WTF moment Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Today's WTF moment
From: Orchid Win7 v1
Date: 11 Jan 2014 12:42:57
Message: <52d182a1$1@news.povray.org>
I just stumbled across this on Stack Overflow:

   while (x --> 0)

(This is C++, in case that wasn't clear. It probably works in C too, I
would imagine...)

The question, naturally, was asking what the hell the "-->" operator
does. The answer is... well, it's completely logical. But this still
leaves me wondering who THE HELL wrote this code snippet in the first
place?? They could so trivially have made its meaning clearer...

I guess every programming language has dark corners where you can do
really strange stuff. But the question is usually "why would you do that?"