POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 3 Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image - wip 3
From: Ive
Date: 11 Jan 2014 10:54:35
Message: <52d1693b@news.povray.org>
Am 11.01.2014 16:14, schrieb Thomas de Groot:
> hmm... 1000x800 and using all camera parameters as given by the original
> scene file. I shall change the right to -x*image_width/image_height and
> see if that makes any difference.

well, 1000 / 800 makes 1.25 and I bet 100 PovCoins this is not what you
have. The squeezed chairs do give it away.

> Presently, I have difficulties with photons/caustics. THey do not show
> on the ceiling...

I cannot add anything that's not already in the docs: you need a photon
block within global_settings, make the main light source emit them, make
the water (and Suzanne) a target and shoot a few millions of them... and
do not forget to turn collect off for objects where it is not important
to speed up the render.

> Ultimately, I shall add a media to the scene to show some dust in the
> atmosphere, but not too much.

Thomas, you are a patient one ;)

But what *I* really would like to see is Suzanne made of tinted glass.

-Ive