POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 08:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jan 2014 07:17:02
Message: <52cfe4be$1@news.povray.org>
On 10-1-2014 12:44, clipka wrote:
> The proper approach to compensate would be to increase the walls'
> brightness. /If/ you want to compensate at all. Looks natural enough to
> me, too.

I agree and, as far as I am concerned, I do not want to compensate.
Increasing luminosity helps too while keeping the balance between light
and dark within acceptable limits.

>> The bright dots are still a problem indeed. They are also present in
>> Christoph's image. I wonder if this is not light leaking along mesh
>> edges.... Comments welcome.
>
> It's not specifically leaking along mesh edges, but through /any/ edges.
> Surprisingly, similar artifacts can be observed with CSG as well. Up to
> this day I haven't really figured out what's causing this, but the
> number of radiosity bounces (i.e. recursion_limit) does seem to play a
> role (I think I've never seen these artifacts with recursion_limit 2 or
> lower).

Well, from my latest render (not included here) I must say that leaking
also appears with recursion_limit 2.

Iirc, Christoph Hormann treated this problem in Megapov with a radiosity
patch.

Thomas