POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 10 Jan 2014 03:21:57
Message: <52cfada5$1@news.povray.org>

> Still, to me the overall light levels of the shadowed parts seems
> somewhat too low (but this might be a question of my system's gamma -
> currently 2.0)... and there are still some bright artifact dots along
> the upper edges of the walls. What radiosity settings did you use?

I agree about the light levels but I don't know how to compensate that
other than by an additional light (I don't like) or by a stronger light
maybe (I shall try). However, I personally like this and my impression
is that this is a /natural/ situation. Comments welcome.

The bright dots are still a problem indeed. They are also present in
Christoph's image. I wonder if this is not light leaking along mesh
edges.... Comments welcome.

presently, radiosity settings are:

   radiosity {
       pretrace_start   0.08