POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:23:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 9 Jan 2014 19:09:47
Message: <52cf3a4b$1@news.povray.org>
Hi(gh)!

On 09.01.2014 14:18, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Far from me the desire to reach the perfection of Master Lipka, so as a
> good disciple I humbly show here my unworthy filth to be judged, kindly
> but justly I hope. :-)
>
> I am far from done, so no caustics or other more serious material
> details, neither is the water or the glass sculpture visited here.
>
> I changed the light source to a CIE.inc blackbody of 6200 kelvin and
> doubled the luminosity; I added micro-normals to plaster and tiles. Not
> yet UberPOV but that should come soon too.
>
> Thomas

Still, to me the overall light levels of the shadowed parts seems
somewhat too low (but this might be a question of my system's gamma -
currently 2.0)... and there are still some bright artifact dots along
the upper edges of the walls. What radiosity settings did you use?

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Gustav Mahler: Symphony No. 2, 5th movement, live at
Masada, conductor: Zubin Mehta

No