POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LanuHum Global Test image : Re: LanuHum Global Test image Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LanuHum Global Test image
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 9 Jan 2014 03:22:31
Message: <52ce5c47@news.povray.org>
On 8-1-2014 21:05, LanuHum wrote:
>> Am 08.01.2014 20:08, schrieb LanuHum:
>>> It is a little caustics:
>>
>> Looks to me like you added another light source. Don't - unless you
>> really know what you're doing, every bit of cheating makes the result
>> look less realistic.
>
> Yes, I added. :(
> But, It is a lot of big windows, unless it shouldn't be lighter in the room?

In Real Life, the eyes adapt themselves to the shadowy parts of a room
and, without you being aware of it, the lighter parts are then overexposed.

In photography as in ray-tracing, you need to find the balance between
the two extremes. Adding a light is possible but a feeble solution imho
and not really convincing. If you really want the shadows cleared more,
increase recursion_limit to 4 or 5.

Thomas