POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:16:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Tim Cook
Date: 8 Jan 2014 22:33:31
Message: <52ce188b$1@news.povray.org>
On 2014-01-06 23:26, Patrick Elliott wrote:
> I posted that site because its the one I could remember how to find an
> article on. Its not the **only** place I have read the same things from.
> And.. you are seriously suggesting that only a certain "sort" of women
> post there, or in the comment threads, and that somehow their experience
> is therefore atypical of what goes on? Based on what exactly?

Well, it's a site that caters specifically to people that are skeptics,
and shows preference for female-identifying individuals.  That, I'm
afraid, is in fact a certain 'sort', not representative of the overall
population.

Others likely post there, but /the most common/ (as entirely distinct
from 'only', but with the net effect of carrying more weight) are by
those for whom the site is built.  Their experience may or may not be
atypical of what goes on, but it *is* a subset, and therefore has the
*ability* to be skewed relative to the global set.

--
T. Cook