POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Where is Gail when you need her? : Re: Where is Gail when you need her? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Where is Gail when you need her?
From: Doctor John
Date: 7 Jan 2014 08:28:41
Message: <52cc0109$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/01/14 19:27, Orchid Win7 v1 wrote:
> On 05/01/2014 10:02 PM, Le_Forgeron wrote:
>> Le 05/01/2014 22:27, Doctor John nous fit lire :
>>> TRANSACTION1 is the initial payment to the bank. TRANSACTION2 is a later
>>> payment by a bank* to an actor; it therefore requires a different date
>>> (usually but not always specified) as well as a way of specifying where
>>> it will be enacted.
>>
>> So, what about calling T1 as Credit/Credence, and T2 as
>> Debit/Restitution.

They've now been renamed to TRANSACTION and LIABILITY

> If you're just trying to do double-entry accounting, there's no especial
> reason why you need one table for one half of the entry, and another
> table for the other half. (Then again, I do not have much of an
> understanding of the problem domain behind this design, so...)

The last thing the team want to do is double-entry book-keeping :-)
The main aims of the project are:
1. How did the banks make their money? They couldn't charge interest
(the Church forbade the practice) and exchange rates seem to have been
the same between two currencies whichever direction the transaction
went. So were they using deposited money to trade in goods such as wool
and spices?
2. The Church had just started to use the banks to transfer money to and
from the Vatican. Did this sudden influx of substantial amounts of cash
give rise to an increase in trading all over Europe and thus provoke the
mini-Renaissance that only came to an end with the onset of the Black Death?

John
--
Protect the Earth
It was not given to you by your parents