POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : One of the greatest mysteries of screenwriting : Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It has nothing to do with Islam, but ...
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 7 Jan 2014 00:26:19
Message: <52cb8ffb$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/4/2014 8:13 PM, Tim Cook wrote:
> On 2014-01-04 17:28, Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> You have no clue a) how uncommon that really is, and b) how much shit
>> women go through, even when it is legitimate, which might result in them
>> "wanting" to recant it, even if it did happen. So.. Don't go there. I
>> refer you to the same thing I posted in the other comment:
>
> While it is important to understand the significance of item b), it's
> also important to understand that
>
>> http://skepchick.org  [snip]
>
> is in fact a particular subset of the larger population of women.
> Despite the overall message of some of the posts on that site, not every
> moment of every woman's life is a living hell, forever, even if you're a
> non-white transgendered woman.
>
> Not saying that life doesn't suck, but...if it sucked /that/ much?
> People would be killing themselves a /lot more often/ than they are.
>
> (Though I will say that, for myself, the greatest gift I can give my
> hypothetical children is to never have them, because The World.)

I posted that site because its the one I could remember how to find an
article on. Its not the **only** place I have read the same things from.
And.. you are seriously suggesting that only a certain "sort" of women
post there, or in the comment threads, and that somehow their experience
is therefore atypical of what goes on? Based on what exactly?